Saturday, September 8, 2012

I can never turn down a contest...

When I made this card, I didn't have a recipient in mind this time, but most of my female family members' birthdays have come and gone. I'm considering making cards for sale, however.

I had a fantastic time in Vancouver and Seattle! We visited Summerhill and Quail's Gate winery, our friends in Vancouver, Granville Island, our friends in Seattle, Pike Place Market and even took a hammer to our dinner.


This is the view from our table at Quail's Gate Old Vines Restauraunt in Kelowna, overlooking the mountains, the lake, and their vineyard is to the right.

I can't resist a Mojo Monday contest, and last Monday's contest was no exception! I came home to my order waiting for me which included two stamp sets from the latest catalogue - Jardin and Magic Potions. I have grand plans for Magic Potions later!

Today's inspiration is Mojo Monday : MOJO257


I broke out my embossing gun which I haven't for some time now! The silver powder is from somewhere in Vancouver Island that my grandmother bought me years ago before she passed away. However, she's probably grinning from Heaven - like me, she absolutely adored crafting of all kinds. I decided to blend a few paper packs again; Florentine, Stella, and Avonlea. They match so beautifully.


As I didn't have an event to make this for, I decided to add some elements from the front and leave it blank. In case you're wondering where the butterfly is from - I stamped it out of Jardin and cut out the butterfly. I've got a serious weakness for beautiful butterflies.

Last but never least, it's a new month which means there's a new SOTM available! It's really cute to use for Fall, Thanksgiving, or even possibly Halloween cards and decor. It's called Fall Favorites and I know I will definitely have to get one for myself.  This set is only 5$ with a 50$ minimum purchase.


And of course don't forget... it's National Stamping Month! See this post - http://stamped-by-hand.blogspot.ca/2012/08/just-couldnt-resist.html for details. Spend $35 and get a double-sided set for only 5$ more. It's quite versatile!

Michaels, etc:
* Ribbon
* Solid cardstock
* Silver embossing powder
* Rhinestones

CTMH:
* Avonlea Level 2 Paper Pack
* Stella Level 2 Paper Pack (retired)
* Florentine Level 2 Paper Pack
* Jardin
* Smokey Plum
* Topiary

I'm out to enjoy the last weekend of summer! 


1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous, luv the details...so glad you played along with us at Mojo Monday!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete