Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Road trip to Seattle!

We're packing and about to head out to Kelowna tonight. I can't wait to get my fill of wine, good food, and good company. One of our friends in Seattle has a new house = card moment!

Today's inspiration is from Mojo Monday: Mojo Monday 256.


This looks like a crazy hodgepodge of patterns, but I had originally wanted to use the other side of the paper from Avonlea until I ended up putting glue on that side! I guess sometimes fate just wins out. I also distressed all edges of the other pieces with Olive Ink.

Interestingly enough I came across a blog that had talked about mixing and matching different paper packs from CTMH - and this card is no exception! If you look closely I mixed in Stella (retired) for a punch of pink.


This time I opted to not stamp a sentiment inside the card but I did decide to add a little growing tree - to symbolize a new house. I colored it using CTMH inks and a paintbrush. Bordering the writing area is the side of the Avonlea paper I originally had planned on using.

All papers from CTMH mix and match beautifully no matter what the color or the season you bought it in - keep that in mind if you have a few paper packets and are stumped as to what to do with them.

Michaels, etc:
* Solid cardstock
* Ribbon

CTMH: 
* Avonlea Level 2 Paper Pack
* Stella Level 2 Paper Pack
* Live Out Loud - July 2012 SOTM
* Beary Busy
* Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
* Olive
* Barn Red
* Moonlight
* Cocoa

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment