Friday, September 21, 2012

Sometimes inspiration is hard to pass up.

I was browsing some type of social media at the time (either Pinterest, or Facebook) and I ran into this unbelievably gorgeous card. And I just absolutely had to borrow it.

Today's lucky find is from Erin Taylor, for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #83.


Of course I'm on a Christmas kick now, and my favorite color combination is red and silver. So much that these were actually my wedding colors four years ago! I stamped the tree, snowflakes, and sentiment in embossing ink, and then used silver embossing powder plus a couple of gemstones to jazz up the tree. If you look closely there are snowflakes from two separate stamp sets in the cluster.


For something new, this time I reversed the colors and instead stamped with Cranberry Ink on white. Again, if you look closely - snowflakes from two different sets. It's about this time of year that I dig out all the Christmas sets I've bought since I started collecting CTMH, and I like to give some oldies a whirl amid the new sets that are available in the current catalog.

I am offering Christmas card workshops this year! Cards are $1.50 each to make and come with their own envelopes. The dates available are October 27th, November 3rd, and November 24th. If you want a card creating party of your own let me know and we can set something else up! Designs are currently in the works and will be posted once complete.

Michaels, etc:
* Solid cardstock - Jewel Collection
* Solid cardstock - Primary Collection
* Rhinestones
* Silver embossing powder
* Embossing Ink

CTMH:
* Snowflakes
* Card Chatter - Christmas
* Holiday Warmth (retired)
* Cranberry Ink

I'm still enjoying what's left of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment