Saturday, September 3, 2011

September's SOTM: Limited Edition

September's SOTM is truly what it's title is: Limited Edition. It is only available during the month of September for either $19.95 or if you already have an order of $55.00, it is only $5.50 more.


I admit that originally I was incredibly stumped by this set. It screamed 'make tags!!' at me, but I didn't want to just make tags. I thought I could somehow change this into a Christmas card. You see, this year I plan on making different cards for people instead of coming up with one design and frantically scrambling to get the right amount of cards made for that design. Besides, it allows me to play with all the pretty sketches that I see online. And then I got Got Sketch?'s latest card design in my inbox, and I was ready to go.

The inspiration for this is from Sketch 127. Here's my take on it.


I am still working on cutting my own card bases as sometimes they come out quite crooked, but practice makes perfect, right? And taking a cue from Teneal Williams I just had to design the inside as well.




A new thing I forgot to mention; as of August CTMH has started releasing idea cards with their stamp of the month sets. Here is the link for September's projects: http://ctmh.com/en/Campaigns_and_Promotions/Stamp_of_the_Month.aspx?p=%7b3BA4EB2D-4623-413D-969F-A5190A4CAC40%7d. For those who are lucky enough to have a Cricut and of course the CTMH Art Expression cartridge, there is an accompanying tag shape you can cut out. I just used scissors.

Cardstock
* Michaels
* CM

Other Items
* Brads: Michaels
* Silver embossing powder: Unknown
* Silver ribbon: Michaels
* Fiskars Border Punch: Michaels
* Rhinestones: Michaels

CTMH
* Piercing Tools
* Embossing Pen
* Limited Edition - September SOTM
* Heartfelt Xmas - retired
* Festive Thoughts - retired
* Ponderosa Pine Ink
* Chocolate Ink
* Olive Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment