Friday, September 30, 2011

The best holiday of the year...

This is the last few hours to get in on the Pair A Phrase deal! It's CTMH's first time selling a double stamp set in one envelope, and this one in particular is so versatile. I also noticed a card in CTMH's Facebook Group (the group's official name is Close To My Heart) and just had to use it for inspiration. It's found in their My Acrylix® Pair a Phrase Inspiration photo album and looks like this:
I don't own the spray pens yet or the pearl paint or reinkers; however, that's what they used to achieve that neat "spritzed" effect on the upper left hand corner. My take on this card using a similar color scheme:


As you can see, I also distressed the edges in Desert Sand and colored my present somewhat similar. However, I added some rhinestones and some awesome patterened paper from Mistletoe's Level 2 Paper Pack (retired). This was also my first time stitching on paper and it was so easy! Using CTMH's new ruler with the holes and their piercing kit it looks pretty even. The embroidery floss is from the days I was obsessed with cross-stitch. I colored the present which is raised up with a blending pen.


Instead of using a blended pen this time, I actually decided to break out my old box of pencil crayons. There is definetly some merit to being a bit of a saver when it comes to anything crafty. It brought back memories... and the sentiment is from Festive Thoughts (retired).

Michaels:
* White cardstock from 'Gems' set
* Rhinestones

CTMH:
* Pair-A-Phrase (last day of promotional item)
* Festive Thoughts (retired)
* Mistletoe paper pack Level 2 (retired)
* Piercing Kit
* Ruler
* Grey Wool Ink
* Cranberry Ink
* Spring Iris Ink
* Desert Sand Ink

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment