Sunday, September 18, 2011

New House New Beginnings

A friend who originally was a coworker of mine back in the day 7 years prior, recently bought a new home. I know that he has been dying to move out of the basement suite he has been living in since he moved into Vancouver.

I had acquired Chairs to You without realizing what I'd use them for, but they were just perfect for this occasion. Today's inspiration comes from a previous Teneal Williams post: Creative Elements Case Study 50 Hop.


As the middle chair needed to stand out, I used a technique known as paper piecing. What you do is stamp the image onto two sheets of paper, one is your base image, and the other you cut pieces out of. In this case I used plain brown cardstock, but you could do this with patterned cardstock to really 'pop' the image. As well, the sentiment on the front is embossed in black.



I seem to have a real habit of decorating the inside as well, but I find that it helps to balance out the card weight if it's a card with the fold on top. This time I opted to stay simple, to keep in theme with the rest of the card.

Michaels:
- Cardstock
- Embossing Inks

CTMH:
- Chairs To You (May 2011 Stamp of the Month)
- Lucky Level 2 Chipboard accents
- Chocolate Shades Collection Mini Medley
- Black embossing powder
- Chocolate Ink
- Smokey Plum Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment