Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Holiday Cheers.

This is a cute little stamp set that has a coordinating shape inside the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge :) Except I am still hoping like mad for a Cricut Expression for Christmas. However, I got a look at the latest sketch from Mojo Monday and I just had to play.

I have quite a ways to go on my individually designed Xmas card project, but it is a departure from years past when I used to design one card and replicate it in required numbers for the recipients.

Today's inspiration is from Mojo Monday : MOJO208.


The ribbon obscures it a bit, but of the Christmas ornaments in the right hand bottom corner there are 3 layers. The bottom one is stamped onto cardstock; the second gray one is a layer on top and finally the purple ornament is the third layer. To ensure my foam squares were high enough for the third one I just used two back to back. For my ribbon to stay perfectly curled, this was achieved with using wired ribbon.


This card measures 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 which fits very well in a regular A2 envelope. As you can see, I attempted to bring in the blue accent color inside the card as well.

Dollar Store Find:
* Silver wired ribbon

Michaels:
* Solid cardstock
* Cardstock from 'Gems' collection

CTMH:
* Snow Flurries
* Holiday Cheer
* Mistletoe paper pack (retired)
* Grey Wool ink
* Spring Iris ink
* Corner rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment