Thursday, August 25, 2011

Liquid Applique and Christmas

One thing I have not used much of is Liquid Applique (Z308) in the catalogue. I was introduced to this stuff during my first Christmas card workshop and it is fun to play with. It goes on a lot like a white gel, then you let it sit for a number of moments to dry. Lastly take your embossing gun to it and it poofs up just like snow.

I find this to be a neat texture addition to Christmas cards, but don't let your imagination stop there. :)

Today's inspiration comes again from Mojo Monday: MOJO205



Another technique I wanted to point out is how to stick those ribbons on the cardstock. Instead of using a ton of ribbon and tying all the way around, you can just easily tape the ends of the ribbon on the back of the cardstock, saving you some lengths of it :) As well, to attach the silver bow I used a tiny brad to anchor everything.

Cardstock:
* CM
* Local craft stores

Embellishments
* Dollar store finds

CTMH
* Festive Thoughts
* Snow Flurries
* Merry Pursuits
* You and Me
* Spring Iris Ink
* Moonstruck Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment