Friday, December 19, 2014

It's a beautiful blue Christmas...

One of my utmost favorite things about working on custom Christmas cards for my friends and family (or commissioned work) is that I know that each card is one of a kind - even if I'm working on templated Christmas cards, they all come out just a little bit different. The other favorite part? Knowing favorite colors and favorite patterns and being able to tailor the card to each recipient.

The recipient of this card is a huge fan of blue, and blue is one of my favorite colors to work with for Christmas be it cardmaking or decorating. That reminds me it's time to talk my awesome hubby into hanging the Xmas lights this weekend.

Inspiration: Amy of Amy's Paper Crafts - http://amyoneillblog.com/2014/08/16/an-eclectic-mix-with-gesso/ courtesy of PInterest.


I replaced the layered butterflies with layered snowflakes and went to town with the sparkles. I may not have had the frilled ribbon but the bronze shimmer trim seems to fit better in with this card. I can't resist digging through my mystery box of embellishments from catalogs gone by to find the perfect finish to any card.


I brought both patterns inside and had to use the prancing reindeer from the same set as the sleigh on the outside. With a sprinkling of snowflakes, the card was complete. I almost don't want to give this one away but I know it's going to a fantastic home... after all, she and I have been friends through thick and thin for almost 20 years.

CTMH:
* I Believe (retired)
* Merry and Bright (retired)
* Frosted Level 2 Paper Pack (retired)
* Blue and Green Epoxy Adhesive Bubbles
* Bronze Shimmer Trim
* Sparkle Assortment (retired)
* Crystal Blue Ink
* Indian Corn Blue Ink
* Saddle Ink

I'm glad that it's been a little warmer these days but I am sad to hear that Christmas this year may not have any new fallen snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment