Thursday, May 31, 2012

Graduation...

... I noticed, quite quickly I didn't have a lot of stamp sets for anything resembling graduation! A coworker of mine graduated today from SAIT and I saw the most amazing card that I had to hijack for this very occasion.

Today's inspiration comes from the winner of Case Study Challenge #92, Arlene from Water Dots.


The numbers are cut out with the Art Philosophy cartridge, and I felt like making my own little "tag" to go on front. The sentiment, which is most appropriate comes from an old campaign set called Pair A Phrase. I love how the gold ribbon gives it a bit of color.

On the inside I continued the statement and thought a firework rocket was appropriate for the occasion. I colored this one with the same paintbrush technique, using ink directly from the pad and working the gradient inwards. I just hope he likes it.

Michaels, etc:
* Solid color cardstock
* Paintbrush
* Ribbon

CTMH:
* Pair a Phrase (retired campaign)
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Dutch Blue Ink
* Cranberry Ink
* Grey Wool Ink
* Opaque Adhesive Pearls, Mocha


This weekend I am off to run 10K in support of cancers below the waist - the Underwear Affair!

No comments:

Post a Comment