Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blue and Feminine...

My best friend's birthday was back in April and her favorite color is blue, plus she enjoys travelling and the sea. So I finally cracked out the sea wood shapes that I'd bought some time ago from CTMH but had no idea what to do with them.

My inspiration was Mojo Monday and it popped up from viewing several designers: MOJO290


I went with clean lines and beachy, relaxed feel. I kept to a specific palette and wanted the sea shapes to pop right out as orange against blue.


I didn't go too fancy on the inside but I stamped the entire card with one color which I'd never done before. Usually I like to use a combination of colors and occasionally stamp sets. It worked out well contrasted with the other pieces and cardstock colors.

Other:
* White cardstock

CTMH: 
* Lucky Level 2 Paper Pack (retired)
* Jardin
* Card Chatter - Birthday
* Seaside Wood Shapes
* Blue Adhesive rhinestones
* Blue Designer Ribbon (retired)

Looks like we'll get a hint of summer at 25 tomorrow before it hits 11... if nothing else, the weather around here is never boring.

Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment