Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back from San Jose del Cabo... and back to birthday cards.

I had a great New Year's in Cabo! Beautiful place, lots of sunshine, new friends made and lots of alcohol consumed (well, it was an all-inclusive). It won't be my last time there - I will have to go back again some day.


This is a photo we took on a tour out to El Arco del Cabo San Lucas, Lover's Beach and Divorce Beach.

I came home to an invitation for a birthday party at Bolero's! Although we are half unpacked and the house is half un-Christmas'ed, I just had to put together a pretty card for her - and MOJO's first design of the year didn't disappoint!

Inspiration: Mojo Monday : MOJO222


The trickiest part was the flower; I ended up using two of the stamped flowers from Spring Up to create the flower on the front of the card. Liquid glass didn't quite have enough adhesive for me to work with (had to hold it together for the stickiness to kick in) so the next time I make one of these, I'll be using Bonding Memories glue instead.

I also distressed the main pink background to give it a little more character.

If you look really closely at the 'Hip Hip Hooray' piece, you'll notice that I watermarked it with three second-generation stamps of '31' as the birthday girl in question is turning 31. Can you guess what set the numbers are from?

Other
* Purple cardstock, 'Jewel' collection
* Brownish cardstock, 'Spice Market' collection

CTMH:
* Spring Up
* Little Reminder - January 2012 SOTM
* Card Chatter: Birthday
* Pair A Phrase (for the inside sentiment)
* Mayberry Level 2 Paper Pack - retired
* Edge Distresser
* Garden Green Ink
* Tulip Ink
* Smoky Plum Ink
* Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment