Friday, January 27, 2012

Adhesive Runners and cards

I'll start this post with a review of a Michael's product: Recollections Repositionable Adhesive Runner. I really didn't like this one. I bought it as a in-between - I had lost all patience with my Creative Memories tape runner that was acquired before my CTMH days.

Psst... I have a Tombow CTMH adhesive runner coming in the mail. I have high hopes!

The adhesive refused to stick a lot of my 3-D items down! I had to resort to the glue gun and was not impressed at all. I'm sure if you're just sticking paper to paper, it would probably work fine but it wasn't sticking my ribbon down. So for those of you who have seen Repositionables, either use Permanent or Permanent dots.

I saw this beautiful card originally done by Amy Sheffer and then used for inspiration by Teneale Williams who makes gorgeous cards down in Australia! So my inspiration is both cards off CASE Study Challenge #71.


Trying to get that cardstock ribbon to stick down was horrendous with the Recollections Repositionable! But the glue gun did wonders. The paper was from my Costco stock and when I saw it I just had to - the particular recipient of this card I know never minds a little shopping!


This photo is my lesson not to use a zoom lens (Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6) to take closeups, but I can't remember what I did with the kit lens and the other one I have is for dark light, which is not worth it on sunny days. It focused fine on the little flower but not on much else! As you can see I also had to decorate the inside of the card with a bit of bling.

Michaels, etc:
* Patterned cardstock
* Solid cardstock (Jewel collection)
* White cardstock, bulk
* Ribbon

CTMH:
* Card Chatter - Birthday
* Pair-A-Phrase (2011 campaign)
* Pink Collection - Brads
* You and Me Die Cut (2011 campaign/fundraiser)
* White Daisy Just Blooms
* Spray Pen
* Pearl Paint
* Cranberry
* Outdoor Denim
* Smoothie
* Smoky Plum
* Art Philosopy Cricut Cartridge

 Hope it's not too windy where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment