Friday, November 4, 2011

Stitching on cards

In one of my previous orders I had purchased the awesome new ruler from CTMH. It has holes in it so first you pierce where the holes are, then you sew through them! How cool is that? So I thought I'd do that for this card.

The inspiration comes from Mojo Monday: MOJO 212.



Not only did I use the same floss for stitching, I also used it for the ribbon on the front. However, the threading is two strands and the cross ribbon is all six. The snowflake is from a set of Xmas buttons that I found at Michaels' while walking through. All their Xmas stuff is now out for sale.



The inside of the card was stamped with two shades of green and using the second generation stamping technique. After inking, stamp a good image on scrap paper, then without reinking stamp on your project again. Between that and the different shades of green, my second snowflake stood out really well.

Michaels:
* Cardstock from "Gems" set
* Cardstock from "Spice Market" set

CTMH:
* Snow Flurries
* Snow Flakes
* A Timber
* Holiday Cheer
* Bitty Rhinestones
* Olive Ink
* Cranberry Ink
* Honey Ink
* Piercing Kit
* Ruler

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment