Monday, May 16, 2011

Seasoning Stamps

While perusing the web, I realized that this particular topic, albeit important, isn't easily found with a Google search.

When new stamps first arrive, I usually get the inclination that I want to play with them - RIGHT AWAY. Except, I always find that my initial stamp images look terrible :( but that is because I didn't season them properly. Once seasoned, and with the right ink loading technique - tap tap, twist twist, tap tap - my problem was solved.



1. Attach the stamp to the appropriate MyAcrylix block
2. Rub stamp on Bamboo or any other light colored ink pad and stamp on scrap paper several times, with the images getting lighter and lighter until you are out of ink.
3. Repeat this process until you get a full crisp image when you stamp. You're done!

This only is required for brand-new stamps. This is due to the fact that at the factory they have a protective coating on them that is not ink friendly. As you season the stamp, you'll wear this protective coating off = better stamp results.

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment