Monday, January 5, 2015

Sometimes you just see a card...

... and you just gotta make it. This one from ScrappieToo that I found on CaseStudyChallenge was so adorable I couldn't pass it up, and it was perfect for a new baby card.

Today's inspiration: http://scrappietoo.blogspot.ca/2014/09/create-smile-september-bloghop.html : Angie Curvers, the very first image in the post.


The littlest critters from Cuddly Salutations was just perfect to be playing in the windows I had cut on the top. However, it wasn't easy to cut them and I wound up having to do it 3 times before I thought it was done right. My trick? Cut out three squares, place them and use a pencil to draw guiding lines on the cardstock. Then use an X-acto knife to cut into the middle, then use your scissors and cut along the lines. The critters themselves and accompanying bubbles were colored with Copic markers.


I decided to bring the pattern papers to the inside of the card as they feature in the background of each window, and used a black gel ink pen (fine Sharpie works too!) to draw the lines.

Other:
* White cardstock
* Black gel ink pen
* Copic markers

CTMH:
* Love Life Set
* Little Reminder Set (retired)
* Cuddly Salutations - Hostess Rewards set
* Barn Red Ink
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Twilight Ink

As it's the new year and I have some exciting news for you... that's coming in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment