Monday, November 12, 2012

Pumpkins...

I've had this set for a while and wanted to do something with it. It's a friend's birthday coming up this Friday at my favorite pasta place on 17th Ave, and I needed a card to go with a box of chocolate and a donation to the Calgary Distress Center, where he moonlights by day.

I saw this as an original inspiration and couldn't have deviated further from it, but it was a good starting point: http://tenealewilliams.com.au/2012/11/case-study-116/. Guess a girl's gotta start somewhere.


On the other hand, there is another card coming, from the same inspiration that is a lot closer and is so simple that it's elegant. At least, to me anyway. The patterned paper is something I picked up at a dollar store sometime ago, and it's gold on yellow.


The sentiment is from one of the stamp sets that came with the three D-size sets that are in the Artiste package - and the perfect one for my friend. I brought the leaves into the corners to tie the whole card together. I look forward to seeing him as we have been best friends for 10 years, and there's just something about how big his heart is - that he's always helping other people.

My Stash:
* Yellow patterned paper on front
* Solid cardstock
* Orange ribbon

CTMH:
* So Grateful
* Cocoa Ink
* Topiary Ink
* Honey Ink

Can't wait for the next chinook around the corner,

No comments:

Post a Comment