Friday, February 10, 2012

Recycling...

Leftover from the husband's Christmas gift (a huge driving wheel for the PS3) was this box with white insides. I had read some time ago on a food blog that instead of buying a whitebox to photograph in - you could just make your own! So, I turned that box into my white box. The best time of day to take pictures is around noon-2:00 PM.

I am planning to bring down all birthday cards with me between March to August when I go to Denmark, but I haven't done anything yet for a close family friend or my mother in law. This one is for the close family friend.

Today's inspiration: Mojo Monday's MOJO277 and in particular, Sarah Bigelow of Sarah's Creations. I love her flourish around the circle.


I don't often think of white when I'm cutting out embellishments, but I was definetly inspired by Sarah's use of white and it just went so well with this card. All of CTMH's patterned paper can be mixed and still produce beautiful results: this one is a mix of Wonderland and Lucky (retired).


To color in the owl on the front and the little compass on the inside, I actually used a paintbrush and CTMH inks; first I dabbed the tip of the brush right on the inkpad, then on scrap paper so the ink is not too dark and then color in my item. I do all the shading later, skipping the scrap paper step.

Michaels, etc:
* White cardstock
* Brown ribbon (thanks, Crave Cupcakes)
* Flower brad
* Dark rhinestones

CTMH:
* Card Chatter - Birthday
* Pair A Phrase (retired)
* Lucky Level 2 Paper Pack
* Wonderland Level 2 Paper Pack
* Chocolate Ink
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Honey Ink
* Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

It's snowing once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment