Friday, December 9, 2011

Tree's up..

.. and tomorrow is our annual Xmas potluck that we have for a few close friends we see a few times a year. I can't believe that December is flying by so fast.

Today's inspiration is from Mojo Monday : MOJO218. I absolutely adore their layouts.


It`s really easy to make your own card bases! A tip from Wishes is to simply take a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper, cut it in half to make two 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 pieces, and score straight down the middle. What's even better is that my local stationery store happens to sell matching sized envelopes; $12 for 100.

As you can see I couldn't resist using Liquid Applique to give my little inked Santa a bit more oomph on the front of the card, and dressed the card up with a bowtie and some little sparklies.


I always love matching up the colors on the inside of the card with the outside. I've also noticed a change in quality of the photos taken - in previous posts, they were done with a Canon point and shoot; these two photos were taken with a Canon Rebel XT aided with a Canon Speedlite 430 EX.

Michaels:
* Cardstock - "Primary"
* Rhinestones

CTMH:
* Mistletoe Level 2 Paper Pack (retired)
* Wonderland Level 2 Paper Pack
* Christmas Cheer
* Christmas Love
* A Timber
* Festive Thoughts
* Ponderosa Pine Ink
* Cranberry Ink
* Chocolate Ink

It smells like Christmas here,

No comments:

Post a Comment