Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sometimes it's just plain fun to fiddle.

It's time consuming, don't get me wrong, but I really loved the end result. This year is my MIL's big 60th birthday, but alas I had to go back to Calgary for work and so could not join her. Hubby, however is able to make a tiny detour so I'm glad for that, and I'm sending some cards with him.

It was a big set of cards to do in four days but I did it! There was no particular inspiration for this one but three hours of fiddling later...


I really love the silver frame on the black. It's downright gorgeous - and just that little extra sparkle here and there plus some foam tape and fussy cuts makes it really pretty. And ok, kudos to you if you can spot the distressing of three colors on the front!


The inside was the same butterfly - because you know, I absolutely adore this set which pairs perfectly with La Belle Vie Level 2 Paper Pack. I cried the day they retired it...

Other:
* Cream Cardstock
* Butterfly punch
* Lace edge punch

CTMH:
* La Belle Vie Level 2 Paper Pack
* Jardin Stamp Set - retired
* You Are My Happy Sentiments - retired
* Smokey Plum Ink
* Gypsy Ink
* Cotton Candy Ink
* Silver embossing powder - retired
* Detail embossing powder - retired

In the last three days, Old Man Winter decided to visit with a vengance and we had broken trees, power outs, dicey roads... I hope that it hasn't affected you too much and that you are warm, safe, and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment