Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our memories keep us warm...

Sometimes I end up with a stamp set that I like, but have no idea how I want to use it. Snow Days in the latest catalogue was one of those. However, it ended up featuring on this latest card inspired by one of Got Sketch?'s Anniversary posts : Sketch 79.




As you can see, more of the cut out nissers I had featured once again on this card. I don't remember what colors I used to color the elf, but I wanted his little lightbulb string to stand out a little. So I added a little liquid glass to each little lightbulb. It's neat stuff but takes a little while to dry.


Here's a close up - look closely! - of the liquid glass on the lightbulbs. The red one by his right foot shows the liquid glass clearly. To raise him up I used foam squares, also available in a spool from CTMH.



Finally, to finish off the card I created the inside; using a touch of red to match the red cardstock on the front of the card. I find that flourishes from various sets really help give it a little oomph and a nice surprise when the recipient opens the card.

Michaels:
* Jewel Cardstock set
* Gems Cardstock set
* Ribbon
* Rhinestones

CTMH:
* A Timber
* Snow Days
* Merry Pursuits
* Snow Flurries
* Festive Thoughts
* Liquid Glass
* Desert Sand Ink
* Olive Ink
* Cranberry Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment