Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hats and Cats

I am posting the last few cube decorations so I can get them all up on this blog before I hear "trick or treat!!" at my door! I'm saving one for Sunday so that I can put it up then just in time for Halloween.

A little bit of trivia from you, courtesy of Wikipedia: Halloween is linked to the Celtic festival of Samhain, or Summer's End. To be honest, this year has been so gorgeous up to this point that I can hardly believe November is next week.


I'm not sure what inspired this when I made it, but looking at it now it reminds me of the TV show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. With her sassy black cat on this broom. It was one of my earlier ones, and I actually was experimenting with the red and black embossing powder from CTMH.



I just love the simplicity of these three hats lumped together. The hat in the middle, stamped with Cranberry Ink is raised up with foam tape. I use it all over my projects and I find it just gives my items that extra "oomph!" For the spiders to stand out, I embellished them with rhinestones and for those perfect rounded corners, I used CTMH's corner rounder punch.

Michaels:
* Cardstock, "Spice Market"
* Cardstock, "Gems"

CTMH:
* Bitty Rhinestones
* Wicked
* Red Embossing Powder
* Black Embossing Powder
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Cranberry Ink
* Smokey Plum Ink
* Moonstruck Ink
* Chocolate Ink

Remember to dress the kids up in bright costumes and arm them with flashlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment