Saturday, October 8, 2011

Elves, elves, elves...

Interesting bit of trivia for you: in Denmark, elves are known as nissers, and they are generally planted in weird places around the house for guests to find. I was at a CTMH Christmas workshop years past where I cut out and colored enough of these little guys (stamped from the set Merry Pursuits) for probably 25 cards, 3 nissers per card. I never did finish them but I kept all the nissers just in case.

Today's inspiration comes from Got Sketch? : Sketch 129



When I saw the three triangles on the sketch, I knew instantly what I wanted to do - hourglasses! And I had the perfect set - so all I did was stamp out six triangles, glue them on, and add rhinestone sparkles. Remember those forgotten nissers? One of them made his way onto this card!



At the same workshop, my eyes lighted on a beautiful snowman card. I was warned by the consultant that it was a 3 hour card, but I didn't care; I had to make it. So, I did (and yes, 3 hours later) and then bought the same stamp set (All Decked Out) if I felt like doing it again at home. I haven't used the set since, but I thought he'd be a fun little friend for the inside.

Michaels:
* Cardstock
* Fiskars Border Punch
* Rhinestones

CTMH:
* Winter Memories
*  Merry Pursuits
* You And Me (retired)
* Festive Thoughts
* All Decked Out
* Wonderland Paper Pack Level 2
* Spring Iris Ink
* Moonstruck Ink
* Chocolate Ink
* Desert Sand Ink
* Ponderosa Pine Ink Pen
* Moonstruck Ink Pen
* Barn Red Ink Pen

Remember I promised to post the remainder of my Halloween project? Well, look for them - I may add the occasional item from those cube decorations onto the end of blog posts. They are now up and my boss really liked them!




The inspiration for the hand-drawn tree is from paper donated to me by a Creative Memories consultant. I didn't want to use the paper as it was too dark, but I definetly wanted a tree peeking out from behind the fence.

Michaels:
* Cardstock - Gems and Spice Market collection
* Rhinestones
* Brads

CTMH:
* Wicked (August Stamp of the Month)
* You And Me
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Chocolate Ink

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment