Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Underwear Affair - 5K/10K run for Alberta Cancer Society

As you know, the Alberta Cancer Society is one of the nearest and dearest foundations to my heart. I did lose all four grandparents to this disease. Last year I shared card posts with you regarding my uncle, who was 10 years cancer-free only to have it return in full force.

I also did not mention that last year my favorite and closest Aunt also developed colon cancer. After a year of watching her be brave, strong, and face this with amazing positivity, she actually beat the dang thing. And so, that inspired me to run the Underwear Affair hosted in Calgary, AB this year.



Not only is it my first 10K in 7 years, but it will be fun as my husband is also joining me. It promises to have a lot of crazy costumes, underwear (well, of course!!) and lots of laughter. 

My goal is to raise $500 but I'd love to go past that! If you even have a dime to spare, I'd be grateful - donate here at http://cl12.uncoverthecure.org/goto/sandraandersen

I'll try to get a few photos if I can - and figure out what to wear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment