Friday, March 2, 2012

Farewell Jamaica, Hello Reality.

Jamaica was beautiful and a blast; everyone's laid back there and friendly and I even learned one Jamaican word! I visited Margaritaville and Seven Mile Beach which I walked off most of the vacation food I had. I would definetly go back again... gorgeous beach and beautiful place.


This is a picture of the sunset as we got near our resort on Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica.

Just wanted to show you quickly March's stamp of the month - Potential! It's gorgeous! Ask me how you can get this awesome set for only $5.00 more!



As you know when I'm not crafting I'm travelling and of course to continue on with the Denmark theme, I had to make a Mother's Day card for my mother in law to take with me. International postage these days is crazy!!

Today's card is inspired by an older Mojo Monday: MOJO228, and in particular HandKrafted By Stephanie : Valentine for my Girl's post.


I always like breaking out a new stamp set to use for cards and this was no exception. I'd gotten it early last year when I bought my Cricut Art Philosophy bundle, and it's a perfect match! I just cut out the flowers using the size recommended on my stamp sheet, and then stamped the flowers with Smoothie and added a small rhinestone center. The background was embossed by hand using Fiskars Scrapboss.


And of course, no card would be complete without something to open it up to! I used the same set again alongside with a set that includes Mother's Day greetings inside.

Michaels, etc:
* Solid cardstock
* Printed pattern piece
* Fiskars Scrapboss

CTMH:
* Art Philosophy stamp set
* A Little Everything
* Itty Bitty Sparkles
* Smoothie Ink
* Cranberry Ink
* Outdoor Denim Ink

Happy March everyone, hope the days ahead will be warmer!


No comments:

Post a Comment