Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blues for Birthday

The friend that this birthday card for is one of my oldest friends and she has always had a penchant for blue. So, that defined my color choices, with one small diversion. She likes flowers too, you see - and paper flowers do not require any sort of watering nor will they die. I was hoping to get a bunny or two on her card but it just wouldn't fit.

Today's inspiration is another MOJO Monday: MOJO231 with a little help from Debbie Carriere: Scrappin' My Heart Out.


As you can tell, by putting the red 3D flower against all that blue it definetly pops right out of the card! I saw the flourishes on Debbie's card under the flower and I just had to borrow the idea. The background umbrella stamp I used to give my background a pattern says "live in sunshine, it can't rain all the time".


I thought I'd bring the theme inside the card - I continued the background stamp along the bottom and added the second flourish I'd cut with my Cricut to gussy up the inside. If I haven't mentioned it before, the flower and half moon is also from the Art Expression cartridge. I've come to rely on it quite a bit.

Michaels, etc:
* Solid cardstock
* Blue patterned paper (CM)

CTMH:
* Dream Big
* Chairs To You (May 2011 SOTM)
* Lilac Mist Ink
* Outdoor Denim Ink

Hope it's just as sunny for all of you as it is for me today!


No comments:

Post a Comment