Saturday, February 4, 2012

I have Cricut moments...

... sometimes I just want to use my Cricut so I dream up excuses to use it. This excuse is a continuation of the Portugal party. I'm thinking that at the very end of the trip I'd like to put some little goodies on the dinner table that are packaged up all nice as "party favors". It's a way to finish the trip with a bang and guess what I get to play with another Cricut 3-D shape!

My original inspiration is from the treat box that Carla made for one of her all day scrapbooking crops. It's done in red with little hearts stamped on it. Just in time for heart2heart's challenge: 3-D Items!




I realized that I haven't touched my Costco stash of background papers in a while. I wanted something that reminded me of Spring, as his birthday is actually in March, and I wanted to try out some new inks I'd gotten. My favorite thing about this shape is that there's no adhesives required. You just need to hook two slots together for the left and right sides, slide in your items (chocolate!!) and then the ribbon ties it all together at the top.

Michaels, etc:
* Green patterned paper - Costco
* Ribbon

CTMH:
* Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
* Lucky Workshop Stamp set - Retired
* Barn Red Ink
* Spring Iris Ink

Hopefully you are staying warm this winter - I'm currently enjoying spring-like temperatures out there!




3 comments:

  1. That is a cute little project and I'm so glad you shared it with us on the H2H blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quick and simple, but cute projects. Great for making multiples. Your photography is wonderful too. :)
    Tamytha - DT
    www.paperheartist.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Portugal party sounds really fun :) Love the project!

    ReplyDelete