Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

The stores always start prepping for this way back in January, and the cards are always pink in color and can be seen from across the room. I thought I'd do up a Valentine's card for my husband; honestly, without him I wouldn't be who I was today and secondly I'd leave the house without my head attached!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone - because you all deserve to feel special!

Today's inspiration is from i{heart}2stamp : Feburary Sketch For You To Try 2012. Of course, the additional die cut behind the circle is a trick I borrowed from Random Acts of Creativity : Feburary SFYTT


Look closely as I interpreted the three circles differently and put three little hearts, with bling at the top of the card. At first I wanted to pick all masculine colors, but pink and red are of course Valentine colors! Oh well, the yellow and orange balances it out, I think.


On top of everything else, my husband is not only my best friend but my soul mate, and so I thought these particular sentiments from the set Soul Mates was just perfect. I always like to keep the colors from the front of the card and bring them to the inside so that the card has a unified look.

Michaels, etc:
* Ribbon
* Yellow patterned cardstock
* Brown solid cardstock

CTMH:
* Soul Mates
* Childhood Portrait
* Grace Level 2 Paper Pack
* Itty Bitty Rhinestones
* Clear Sparkles Rhinestones
* You and Me diecut
* Chocolate Ink
* Smoothie Ink
* Olive Ink

Hope you have a great Valentine's,


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, romantic card! Love the silhouette image! Great take on the February SFYTT, too - thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete