Monday, May 30, 2011

I can never resist a neat tutorial...

I stumbled onto this tutorial while surfing the web for more card related items. Or rather, link hopping through various blogs. I also happen to have a love for origami that dates back to my teenage years. So, by mixing origami and card making you get... something I just absolutely had to try.

The Diamond Fold Card tutorial is brought to you by Splitcoaststampers

I also had the You & Me Stamp Set and a congraulations card to make. You see, the girl I did the card for is throwing the BBQ for two reasons! Her husband, another university friend of mine passed his Ph.D!

Here's the end result from mixing all that stuff together:



and of course, a side view to show off the folding:



The technique I used on the 'follow your' text is called 2nd generation stamping. It creates a neat shadowy-like effect, and it's achieved by simply stamping again without reloading the ink on your stamp.

Cardstock:
Local craft stores

CTMH:
You & Me Stamp (D1495) - May Promotion
Sorbet Ink (Z2164)
Chocolate Ink (Z2111)

No comments:

Post a Comment