Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy (belated) Mother's Day...

Only a day late in getting this to her, but she always appreciates the results. We cooked a very nice 3 course dinner for Mom which included an appetizer of scallops with a side of asparagus, a main of lamb and riced cauliflower, and a funky diy dessert of cut up fruit, honey and rice paper wrappers where you could wrap your own "salad rolls".

It was a hit. Inspiration for her card was from here: Case Study 185 : Catherine Pooler


I apologize for the lack of editing on photos -  my life has been absolutely crazy lately. I used paper piecing and masking on this card: I first stamped the orchids on the original cardstock, then I stamped again and cut out 3 other orchids that if you look closely you can see it. The center orchid and stem is raised up on this card. I also used Copics to color in the orchid.

The masking was to protect the Smoothie border from being stamped on.


There was more masking to do to protect the same border on the inside. I tilted the stamp so that there were no words from the stamp set showing.

Other:
* Cream cardstock

CTMH
* Eclectic Edges
* Island Greetings
* Mother's Day
* Ruby Ink
* Smoothie Ink
* Gypsy Ink

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful sunshine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment