Saturday, January 21, 2012

Spring Froggies...

Dad's birthday is coming up in Feburary, and I thought I'd try to stay at least one or two cards ahead of actual birthdays so I can get them mailed out in time.

I haven't touched my large stash of background papers from Costco in a long time (it was a steal!!) and I thought I'd go back to that. The one I chose in particular actually influenced my color scheme towards oranges, yellows, and browns.

Today's inspiration is Mojo Monday: MOJO224.


The ribbon was perfect timing - I was just by Michaels the other morning and they had spools of ribbon for 1$ ea. Thought I'd pick up some browns and reds and it complimented this card perfectly. For those of you wondering, it seems that natural light causes my granite countertops to reflect what's on the card.


Because the froggy on the top of the card is hidden under the ribbon, I thought I'd add three little frogs to the inside of the card amid a sea of red tulips. If you look closely, the tulips are double-color: first I inked the stamp up in Tulip (lighter color) then I inked the stems in Chocolate. Always go light to dark if you choose this technique.

Michaels, etc:
* Patterned circular cardstock
* Solid cardstock (Spice Market, Gems)
* Ribbon
* Fiskars Circular Shape Cutter

CTMH:
* Dream Big
* Beary Busy
* Card Chatter - Birthday
* 1" Circle Punch
* 2" Scalloped Circle Punch
* Chocolate Ink
* Tulip Exclusive Inks Marker
* Juniper Exclusive Inks Marker
* Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

Can you wait? 11 more days for the Spring/Summer 2012 Catalog to be live!

No comments:

Post a Comment