Saturday, January 14, 2012

Brother birthdays back to back

My brother and I are born exactly six months apart, and my brother-in-law is the day after that for birthdays! I already have a card done up for my brother from a prior workshop, but I had to do one for my brother in law. Postal office, here I come again.

Today's inspiration was a card sketch from Got Sketch? that I got in my mailbox back in December. And I thought it was the perfect reason to use up paper from one of my retired Level 2 kits - Lucky.

Inspiration: Got Sketch? : Sketch 135 (card)



You can never go wrong with a few boy themed papers on your hands. My Cricut E2 cut the neat letters doily on Wonderland paper (brown with dots) and the blue doily with the grey background. It amazes me how intricate the E2 can really cut things.

To illustrate the versatility by simply turning the background paper over, I used the other side of it on the inside of the card. The print is similar but in this case it is in monotone color only.


And of course, the plane is because my brother in law absolutely adores planes; he used to be qualified to fly but hasn't in a few years. Maybe one day he'll take me up to the sky in a Cessna in the future.

Michaels:
* Blue cardstock from "Primary"
* Grey cardstock
* White embroidery floss

CTMH:
* Little Reminder : January 2012 Stamp of the Month
* Card Chatter - Birthday
* Horizon
* Lucky Level 2 Paper Pack
* Wonderland Level 2 Paper Pack
* Liquid Glass
* Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
* Olive Ink
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Grey Wool Ink

Stay warm, I hear it's gonna get cold this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment