Friday, January 16, 2015

Christmas in a Picture Frame...

... there's just something about frames lately that it showed up in both cards that I was working on! What can I say, I couldn't help myself. Homemade cards sometimes have a habit of "making" themselves. I know it's past Christmas but I still have a few card posts to make.

Today's inspiration: Barbara Anders of Paper Pursuits


I have been dying to use the Swirls from CTMH in some sort of Christmas card, but a proper use didn't actually surface until now! I stamped three of them and wound up moving one of them into the inside of the card in Juniper and Ruby Inks after I cut them out. And I just had to paper piece the ribbon, it was literally calling my name. The white epoxy adhesive stars are by far one of my favorite new embellishments in the Annual Inspirations catalog.


I brought the same red frame inside the card and the candy cane stripes in. After all, what is Christmas without candy canes, cookies, and mints?

Other:
* Red Cardstock
* White Cardstock
* Copic Markers BG72, YG63, YG67,R24, R29, Y11, Y13

CTMH:
* Swirls Around
* Yuletide Greetings
* Card Chatter - Christmas
* Mistletoe Level 2 Paper Pack
* Ponderosa Pine Ink
* Ruby Ink
* Juniper Ink
* Enamel Adhesive Hearts
* Sparkle Adhesive Assortment

The new year is quite balmy so far, hope you are enjoying the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment