Sunday, August 31, 2014

Late night card fun

I originally knew where the pin was for this but apparently when it's that late I don't pin it to my own board! Eek! If you see something similar, let me know. One of my most favorite things about handmade cards is that once you  build up a good working stash of inks, stamps, and papers - you can tailor any card you make to the personality of the recipient.



Dusting off another old SOTM, Sweet Life - I decided to use fruits and stick to a blue schematic. She loves cooking and farmer's markets / fruits is totally up her alley. And, blue is her favorite color. I had thought about Copics for coloring, but with the way the stamp turned out, I felt that a more "watercolor" type of coloring would be a better choice. So I picked up a standard tiny paintbrush and the little pigment inks and started painting.


I brought the apple off the twigs out front to the inside of the card and accentuated that with a strip of the pattern I used on the front. I love matching the inside to the front of the card.

Other:
* Cream cardstock
* Paintbrush

CTMH:
* A Sweet Life Stamp Set - retired SOTM
* Joyful Birthday
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Sweet Leaf pigment Ink : Whimsy
* Cranberry pigment Ink : Adventure
* Saddle pigment Ink : Basics
* Hollyhock pigment Ink : Adventure
* Foam Adhesive
* Blue / Green Adhesive Sparkles
* Itty Bitty Sparkles
* Skylark Level 2 Paper Pack

It's transitioning to fall too quickly for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment