Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love of Travel

I thought I'd crack into some of the paper packs that I have purchased and saved for the right occasion. CTMH tends to retire papers now and again but I always grab a few packs from the current line and use them much later on.

Today's inspiration is another Random Acts of Creativity piece, Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #48.



I wanted to incorporate a bit of heat embossing and a travel theme into this piece. One of my brother's favorite things to do is travel alongside rock climbing and diving and what better than to add a suitcase with a compass on it?



I finished the inside with flourishes from Love Life and I brought the same cardstock patterns inside by way of four little squares, distressed in two different shades of brown - my trusty Chocolate and then Cocoa to darken it a bit more. This turned into a two tone distress which looked really cool.

Wonder how I got those fancy lines on? A ruler and a Sharpie marker!

My Stash:
* Solid color cardstock
* Gold button
* Sharpie

CTMH:
* Love Life
* Just a Number
* Ruler
* Black Embossing Powder
* Blue and Green Adhesive Sparkles
* Mocha Opaque Pearls
* Avonlea Paper Pack Lvl 2 (retired)
* Chocolate Ink
* Cocoa Ink
* Black Ink
* Twilight Ink
* Garden Green Ink

And like that January is out the door and Feburary arrives - with a new catalogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment