Saturday, September 15, 2012

Winter's comin...

This feels like the last weekend of Indian summer, but I won't complain. With that fades into fall and then winter, and with winter comes Christmas!!

I did it - I have since made my first Christmas card of the year as I am thinking Christmas card workshops for October and November while we're still in September. I'm super pumped to do them - nothing beats a little wine, some munchies, and good company.

Today's inspiration is courtesy of Case Study: Case Study Challenge #95 based off Teneale's version.


Those dots look familiar, don't they - they're off the double sided stamp set featured in this month's promotion for National Stamping Month! And, I used the newest craze of "swiping" to give it a bit of texture. It doesn't show very well, but I used liquid glass to pop up the middle of the snowflakes and broke out my CTMH waterbrush to color in the little raccoon. He's colored with Grey Wool (retired), Barn Red, Blush and Pondorosa Pine.


I brought the blue inside the card and again used liquid glass for the middle of all those snowflakes. My favorite thing about liquid glass is that it takes on whatever color it's sitting on top of and it doubles as an adhesive if you have lost the adhesive backing on some of the smaller adhesive gems/pearls.

It would be fitting to enter my first Christmas card of the year into H2H's Christmas challenge!

Michaels, etc:
* Solid cardstock
* Ribbon
* Embroidery floss

CTMH:
* Snowflakes
* Bundled Buddies (retired)
* Pink/Red Adhesive Gems
* Opaque Adhesive Pearls
* Bling Assortment
* Liquid Glass
* Cricut Art Philosopy Cartridge
* Water brush

Designs for the workshop are well in progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment