Friday, May 25, 2012

Sometimes you just get inspired...

I was browsing through my blogroll when my eye lighted on the following three:

* Papertrey Ink : Make it Monday Challenge #67
* Mojo Monday : Challenge #242 interpreted by Julie Tilman aka MOJO242
* Heart2Heart: Distressing Challenge

and off I was to my crafting supplies to make a card! I sadly don't qualify for the first challenge (Papertrey Ink) as they require you to use at least one PaperTrey item but don't worry - they make beautiful stamps and they're definetly going on my birthday wishlist.


I'm not sure that it's directly obvious here but I tried to sand the blue layer of the butterfly with my nailfile and the purple flourish to expose the white core that is at the heart of all CTMH cardstock. It shows best on the right wing, and I distressed the inside panel with chocolate ink. I had seen this layered technique before with butterflies some time ago and felt like giving it a try. The top is actually vellum embossed with silver embossing powder.


To get that look with the little butterflies, I used the same paintbrush technique that I've done previously, working from where I want it darkest and swept out to the lighter part of the image. The ink used here to "paint" with is Smoothie.

Michaels, etc:
* Solid cardstock (Spice Market)
* Silver embossing powder
* Fiskars Edge Punch

CTMH:
* Pair-A-Phrase (retired)
* Just A Number
* Dreamin Level 2 Paper Pack - retired
* Florentine Level 2 Paper Pack
* Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
* Cocoa Ink
* Smokey Plum Ink
* Autumn Cardstock Pack
* Smoothie Ink
* Opaque Pearl Adhesives

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Those tiny butterflies make such a pretty frame around your sentiment and as accents on the inside of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,

    I love how your card turned out. The colors work well together and the butterflies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layered butterfly. I am going to have to dig out the vellum. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete