Thursday, August 11, 2011

Decoration #2

In the spirit of Wicked, August's stamp of the month I came up with another cube decoration square. This time I decided to use two new elements of the set - the hat, and the kitty.



Pardon the poor lighting; the orange is the same as the first square.

I also love embossing things, and this time I thought I would try out the new embossing powders (black for Halloween) that I just picked up from CTMH. I have resisted it for a long time, because I own some silver, gold, and clear sparkly stuff from when my grandma was still alive. She was the most amazing crafter I have ever met, and I miss her - and she was always willing to indulge me in whatever craft obsession I had.

Amazing stuff, I tell you. The photo doesn't show it but I embossed the curly background on the bottom and the top left square with the black powder.

Cardstock
* Michael's Craft Store

Embossing ink from my own stash

CTMH
* Black embossing powder
* Corner Rounder
* Bohemian alphabet set
* You and Me set (June fundraiser)
* Wicked set
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Cranberry Ink

1 comment: