Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Anniversary Invite!

This has been kicking around on my phone for long enough that it's time to post about it! I was approached back in April/May to create an anniversary invitation that resembled a wedding invitation. The pattern for the folio is available on PInterest.


This is the dimensional photo I took for my Instagram feed. It shows that I lifted up the different shells to give them more dimension, and the only photo where I tied the invite shut with ribbon from Michaels which matched my theme perfectly. I was going for shells and beach as requested. 


This is the inside - going with the sandy beach theme, I used Desert Sand and Crystal Blue type colors with a slightly darker brown from Michaels. The reason for the RSVP being such a small white rectangle is that I originally messed up something I had stamped on it but it meant that having the shells embossed as a mat against it, turned it into something spectacular. 

See mistakes are worth it sometimes. 



Here is the outside of the folio, closed up but ribbon untied. The blue shell is a Michaels stamp and the brown shell is from CTMH : Quick Cards - Shell (retired), which is the same one I used for the inside and masked all the text on the stamp so it wouldn't show up. And the swirls are from Love Life (retired).

Finally, I finished it off with a bunch of pearls.

The sentiment, if you're wondering is something I found online to go with the invite, printed it off on vellum paper and trimmed it. Then I used vellum tape and hid the visible squares under the shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment