Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Babies!!

At the office, my manager is expecting with his wife a new child any day now. This is their second but will be a sibling to their first. So, one of the ladies said we should come up with a baby gift for my manager as well as a card. [update: they gave birth to a beautiful baby boy mid-September]

You know how I feel about Hallmark cards. They're great, but for all the years I've made my own, I just don't feel they're personable enough. Plus I'm getting a reputation for making amazing cards at the office. As I don't have a proper baby welcome set it's always a creative feat to make them.

Today's inspiration is Case Study Challenge 156 : Tasnim Ahmed

I was looking for a simpler card due to time restraints for getting up early the following day and Tasnim's card was so pretty. I popped up the two chicks and dressed up the swirlies. As 156 is all about coloring, the chicks got colored!!


On the inside, I brought the swirls in and added a few hearts.


Michaels:
* White cardstock
* Copics Y11, Y21, Y13, R22, R29, R20, YG63, YG67, BG72, BG75, B24, B21

CTMH:
* Love Life
* Easter Wishes
* Blue and Green Adhesive Sparkles

Nothing like a rainy day for cheery cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment