Saturday, September 7, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!

It is that day in the year that we celebrate everything that our Dads mean to us. And for those of us who were the eldest and female in the house, there were a lot of funny stories to follow.

I still remember how loud it was when Dad's jaw dropped - after I'd asked him for a 3AM curfew, the day I brought home a boy that wasn't Chinese (and I even married him six years later!). And then when I married into an amazing family, acquired a second Dad and there were equally many amusing moments between him and I. (And yes I know... this post is a little late... it's been a crazy year for me).

Today's inspiration is Case Study : Challenge #145 interpreted by Lynn Mangan.



I used the rock and roll technique to give the lanterns some more oomph. Perhaps this year I'll wise up and actually find a proper Father's Day and Mother's Day stamp set in time for next year. In the meantime, I think this one turned out pretty awesome.



Other:
* Solid Cardstock

CTMH:
* Paper Lantern
* Classmate Alphabet
* Designer Buttons - Wooden
* Itty Bitty Sparkles
* Adhesive Pearls - Mocha
* Outdoor Denim Ink
* Topiary Ink
* Honey Ink
* Autumn Terracotta Ink

I meant to post this back in June but as you can see...  a little late on the post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment