Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas is here...

Lately when I walk into the Hyatt on the way to work, they have been playing Christmas carols for weeks. I'm also connected into the Palliser Fairmont Hotel, and I decided to go for a walk down that way as I'm spending one night there to sleep off the liquor and go to work the next morning.

I walked into the Fairmont to be greeted by this:


This is carved from white chocolate, dark chocolate and sugar with a gingerbread chimney by one of the Palliser's newest pastry chefs. It took 40 hours to do. How amazing is that?

Today's inspiration is Case Study #118, in particular Maureen Merritt from Mama Mo Stamps' variation.


I've had the set Holiday Commentary for some time without not knowing what to do with it but it was the perfect pair to three cheery little raccoons. It's again a bit more simple than what I usually do, but the colors pop on this card so well and the Baker's Twine with green rhinestones just finishes it off.


As you can see, I carried the same theme throughout the rest of the card. I decided to do a bit of distressing throughout - on the front it's the paintbrush from the distressing tools from CTMH and inside the sponge for the edges.

My Stash:
* Green solid cardstock
* White cardstock

CTMH:
* Texture Tools
* Christmas Love
* Holiday Commentary (retired)
* Bundled Buddies (retired)
* Ponderosa Pine Ink
* Barn Red Ink
* Liquid Applique
* Blue and Green Assortment Sparkle
* Cranberry Baker's Twine

Stay warm and watch the ice on those slippery roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment